Quick tips for problems with Windows Store and Windows 8 apps
These are a few quick tips for when you’re experiencing problems with the Windows Store in Windows 8(.1)/9 and opening apps in Windows 8(.1)/9.
- clicking on a link to a Windows Store app shows a page telling you that the app could not be found
- clicking on a tile in the Windows Store doesn’t do anything
- the Windows Store doesn’t open
- an installed app doesn’t open
- an installed app tells you that you have to buy this app while you’ve already bought it
For problems solely related to the Windows Store
- Click on the Windows Store tile.
- Touch the top of the screen and swipe it down (the gesture to close an app) and hold your mouse/finger at the bottom of the screen for at least 5 seconds.
- After 5 seconds, release your mouse/finger.
- Make sure you’re connected to the Internet.
- Press R while holding the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Type wsreset and press enter.
- The Windows Store should now pop up. Wait for it to load, this can take up to a minute.
For everything else
Make sure you’ve done the above solution for problems related to the Windows Store.
- Open the Windows Store.
- Open the right charms bar (move your mouse to the bottom right corner of your screen).
- Click on app updates.
- Press the sync licenses button.
- Press the search updates button.
- Now update all your apps.
- Repeat this process once more if the problems persist.
If this didn’t fix the problems you’re experiencing, you should contact Microsoft.
In case you have any further questions, remarks or suggestions about this post, feel free to drop me a tweet or an email! You can also find me on Slack on the Xamarin Chat. I go by the username sam_d.
About the author
Sam is a C# developer who builds mobile (cross platform) apps with Xamarin. He's been a certified Xamarin mobile developer since 2016. Sam likes to experiment with all kinds of programming languages and software frameworks. More info