Quick tips for problems with Windows Store and Windows 8 apps
These are a few quick tips for when you’re experiencing problems with the Windows Store in Windows 8(.1)/9 and opening apps in Windows 8(.1)/9.
- clicking on a link to a Windows Store app shows a page telling you that the app could not be found
- clicking on a tile in the Windows Store doesn’t do anything
- the Windows Store doesn’t open
- an installed app doesn’t open
- an installed app tells you that you have to buy this app while you’ve already bought it
For problems solely related to the Windows Store
- Click on the Windows Store tile.
- Touch the top of the screen and swipe it down (the gesture to close an app) and hold your mouse/finger at the bottom of the screen for at least 5 seconds.
- After 5 seconds, release your mouse/finger.
- Make sure you’re connected to the Internet.
- Press R while holding the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Type wsreset and press enter.
- The Windows Store should now pop up. Wait for it to load, this can take up to a minute.
For everything else
Make sure you’ve done the above solution for problems related to the Windows Store.
- Open the Windows Store.
- Open the right charms bar (move your mouse to the bottom right corner of your screen).
- Click on app updates.
- Press the sync licenses button.
- Press the search updates button.
- Now update all your apps.
- Repeat this process once more if the problems persist.
If this didn’t fix the problems you’re experiencing, you should contact Microsoft.
About the author
Samuel Debruyn is a C# developer who builds mobile (cross platform) apps with Xamarin. Sam is a certified Xamarin mobile developer since 2016. He likes to experiment with all kinds of programming languages and software frameworks. More info